Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Decisions

Checklist for the summer:

1. Do something intensively related to French. (in progress: reading translation of Kiss Kiss, a novel by Roald Dahl that I bought in Dijon with Laura.  The humor is still translating, though vaguely.)

Edit: After further reading, I have come to realize that Kiss Kiss is not a novel but in fact a collection of short stories. I had originally believed this upon buying it (and chose it for that reason), but changed my mind for some reason after starting.

2. Finish Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series. (done)

3. Find and apply for scholarships. (in progress: there's one for $50,000 that requires you to live outside the US for a year...)

4. Find and read a novel as amazing as Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. (not started)

5. Try to get a poem published. (in progress)

6. Think of more great things to do!

No comments: